There are so many different ways to spend your wedding money, from custom postage stamps to monogrammed napkins. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is blowing your budget on something that you will regret later, especially when no one
- Lighting: Right lighting can help disguise sore spots like shabby ballroom curtains, and highlight your favorite details, such as the incredible centerpieces or your cake table. Decorative hanging lights, lamps with patterned shades or crystal chandeliers are also ways to transform a space from plain to exceptional.
- Ceremony Décor: First impressions do matter. If you’re having an outdoor summer wedding, hang orchid leis, colorful ribbon streamers or sun catching glass ornaments on surrounding trees. For church weddings, create arrangements for the pews and entrance of the church. These arrangements can be reused at the reception tables, at the bar or entrance.
- Entryway: Hire your florist to create an impressive display for the escort card table. Ask the servers to greet guests with glasses of champagne or a signature cocktail, so they feel taken care of from the moment they walk into the room.
- Special Entertainment: Sometimes the best parts of a reception are the elements guests don’t see coming. Surprise them with a jazz trio or a famous band.
- Late Night Snacks: Just when your guests think the fun is winding down cheer up the party with late night snacks to prepare everyone for an after party. If you provide comfort foods, the guests will wish the party would never end. Another great idea is to offer a hot coffee bar with different types of sweets.